Thursday, October 1, 2009

Signs

So, I thought that once I finished on the medicine service, I would be able to blog a lot. Instead, despite being on the cushy "Systems" block where my class comes back together for a variety of lectures and activities, I've still been catching up on rest. Not much emotional or physical energy for blogging at the moment! (Maybe that will change next week, during my vacation.)

But I do have a video of Brynna taken this week, showing off some of her signs. In the video, she does "please," (palm rubs circles on chest), her version of "dog," (tapping chest...the "real" sign is tapping your thigh but Brynna clearly means dog with her particular sign), "thank you" (fingers move away from chin), "eat" (fingers to mouth), "sleep" (hand next to head), and "light" (hand flashing above head, which in this video looks a lot like "milk" because Brynna is doing it by her body instead of above her head.



Yes, she's standing on a big step. Just be grateful it's not an end table...we've caught her standing up on those, too!

3 comments:

Beth said...

it was so wonderful to catch up on the phone tonight! this video just makes me miss you guys all that much more, though! alex, brynna and jasper and looking great, though! hopefully we'll get to see you guys sometime relatively soon! we miss you!

Allison and Jared said...

She's growing up so fast! What an adorable little lady!

Allyson Wendt said...

This brought a huge smile to my day!