Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Little Dancer

Brynna has recently become ballet-obsessed. After many many readings of Angelina Ballerina, and viewings of the associated TV show, I signed her up for dance class at a local studio. The place I picked was recommended by one of my attendings as the "mellow" option in town.

Last night was her first class. It's 15 minutes of tap followed by 15 minutes of ballet, and watching eight two and three year olds try to figure out the various dance steps was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. There are a couple of teachers to ride herd on the toddler crowd, and they teach to music with a voice-over of instruction about the steps. It's quite cool, actually.


B jumped right in and had a grand old time. She's been dancing pretty much nonstop ever since. And her tap shoes will arrive this weekend...uh oh!

I have some video that I took at the lesson, but can't post it because it has other kiddos in it too. I can send the link if you shoot me an email.

No comments: