Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Fling With Neuro

As most of you know, I have been planning for awhile now to go into family practice.

However, this week I am definitely having a fling with neurology! The consultant that I'm working with is an expert in movement disorders and neurodegenerative diseases, so I've gotten to sit in on a couple of sub-subspecialty consults on patients with parkinson-family disorders. It's absolutely fascinating! I'm enjoying the general neuro too, but for whatever reason it's the movement disorder stuff that's really appealing.

Neuro was my favorite class in first and second year, so it's not a shock that I like the rotation so much, but it has been a bit of a surprise to feel like I could do it all day every day for the rest of my life and be really excited about it.

So, we shall see. Tomorrow is my last day in the outpatient clinic, and then it's two weeks on the hospital services. I could very well hit the inpatient part next week and think "no way!" If not...well, I'll keep you all updated.

No comments: