Saturday, January 3, 2009

On the move again

We are on the move again.

Hilary, Mark, Brynna, and Jasper the Wonderdog are on their way to occupy the new apartment in Concord. Hopefully they won't find it sucha mess of boxes that they can't crash when they arrive.

I am drafting this from the cramped seat of a medium-range aircraft set to whisk me back to Minnesota. This plane is actually a replacement for the one that was supposed to leave over an hour ago. These things happen, although they seem to happen all too often in air travel.

But wait, there's more! I noticed earlier, by checking the weather using my iPhone and the free WiFi in BDL, that there was freezing rain and rapidly dropping temperatures awaiting me in MN. Just in the last few minutes the pilot informed us of more bad news: MSP is down to one runway due to icing, and air traffic control is limiting traffic in and out of the airport. We just missed the departure cutoff for being exempt from those extra restrictions. Finally, the computer at the gate is having difficulty generating the passenger list, which must be in place before we can take off. The list made it to MSP, but it can't be printed out here, so it was faxed to BDL. The first attempt transmitted 1 of 9 pages.

Sooooo, we shall see how it all pans out. I have a 9pm (CST) shuttle from the airport back home that I originally had over an hour to catch; now, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: