Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Doctor

B is very interested in this whole "being a doctor" thing.

The other day she told me that she was going to be a doctor so that she could come to work with me, which was very sweet.

Then I asked her about being an engineer like her father, and she said yes, she was going to be a doctor-engineer!

I explained that most doctor-engineers were not the same sort of doctor that I am, but that she could be whatever kind of doctor she wanted. She insisted that she was going to be MY kind of doctor.

We do need more primary care doctors, that's for sure, so I won't try to talk her out of it.

Here's B playing with Dickie and my old doctor's kit. I think he's taking her blood pressure. 

She's been spending a lot of time giving her dolls and stuffed animals various sorts of medicine and tending to them. In fact, when I asked her what she did at daycare today, she told me that she played "cold baby." I was a little concerned that this involved ice fishing or hypothermia, but no, this involves pretending that one of the children is a baby and has a cold, and then taking care of them. Whew.

No comments: