Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some Small Satisfaction

I, like most of my peers, have loans left over from my college education. Well, earlier this week I achieved some small satisfaction by closing out the smallest of these. It wasn't a whole lot - a Perkins loan for a few thousand serviced by ye olde alma mater. I think it was a supplemental loan to cover the extra costs when I spent a term in Berlin. I'd been plunking down about $50 a month since I left college - more, occassionally - and just last month the balance reached zero. On monday I received from the bursar's office the original promissory note, which means we're through. Wahoo!

I did say, however, that it was a small satisfaction. My parents and I still have many thousands more we'll be paying on for some time to come.

No comments: