Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting Started...

I've just had my first two days with my fellow new interns. They all seem lovely, and we've had a chance to bond during our two days of Advanced Cardiac Life Support class. This afternoon, we all passed our certification test—a quick written exam and then the impressively named "Mega-code" practical scenario. Hurray! We're off and running...

Alex and I are also busy getting ready for triathlon #2 coming up on Saturday. (Yes, we know that we haven't yet blogged about triathlon #1. We're waiting to get our pictures from the photographer first. Suffice it to say that I am hoping to have a better swim this coming weekend.) I wanted to get one more open-water swim in this week, so this evening we headed to Clough State Park. I rode my bike out there (it's about a 20 min drive south of us), met Alex and Brynna in the car, Alex and I both had fairly short swims in the lake there, and then Brynna and I drove back and Alex biked back. We probably won't repeat this sequence on a weeknight ever again, but it should work well for weekend training!

As if all of this is not enough to be getting on with, we are doing our first evening of house-hunting tomorrow night.

Off to bed. We're all quite tired this evening...

No comments: