Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home!

I am thrilled to be back in Minnesota! It's a delightful 40 degrees cooler (75 instead of 115) and so very green.

After a long day of travel (up at 4 AM after about 3 hours of sleep), during which the only snag was ponying up $50 to Northwest due to my overweight bag, Alex and Jasper picked me up at the airport in the middle of the afternoon. Jasper, I am pleased to report, has not forgotten who I am.

Alex was hoping to take the rest of the afternoon off with me, but another part for the knee walker turned out to be finished, so he headed back in briefly to see to his project. Jasper and I curled up for a nap and didn't wake up until Alex returned.

This evening, we're just settling back in to being together. Alex is outside working on the medicine cabinet, I made dinner (how nice for there to be two of us again to split these tasks!) and am about to make up the guest room to serve as our bedroom for the next couple of months, at least until the crumpet arrives. Jasper has been back and forth checking up on both of us. We'll take him out for his evening romp in a little while. And then there will be local strawberries for dessert!

Ah, normal life. Love it.

A couple more photos from the Dartmouth trip:
With John in front of the Hop:


Two (and maybe three) Dartmouth generations in front of Baker Tower:

No comments: