Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lest The Old Traditions Fail

How many other nights at Dartmouth have ended like this, with EBA's at 1 AM?



Reunion Day 1 has been lovely. I've been able to spend time with several of my best girlfriends, and the weather is just spectacular. Hanover is looking particularly green compared to the arid Southwest! I've had a chance to catch up with many familiar faces. However, I am sticking close to my friends, as venturing afield alone results in me noticing people looking at me like I am a complete alien...at our next reunion, many many people will be pregnant or toting babies, but for now it's quite an oddity.

The only thing that would be better is if Alex were here, too. But the crumpet and I will be headed back to Minnesota in just a few days. For now, we're enjoying an interlude in the other place that I consider home!

Sara read her favorite book to the crumpet this evening: Elephant Elements, which she discovered during her term abroad at Oxford.

No comments: